How To Establish Residential Services
In order to establish electricity at your new home, or at an existing home in your name, you'll need to become a member of Forked Deer Electric Cooperative. Membership is quick, easy and inexpensive and gives you access to the wealth of benefits Forked Deer Electric Cooperative provides. Additionally, you'll need to decide which type of account you would like to have, standard or prepay, and apply for those services. Should you require more information regarding our Prepay Services and the differences between those and traditional billing, please find it here.
Otherwise, if you've decided Standard services are the best option, you'll need the following to establish services:
- Name of Individual(s) or Business the Service will be Under
- 911 Address of the Building
- Daytime Phone Number
- Type of Service (if new construction)
- State Permit Fees (if new construction)
- Yellow Copy of Septic Tank Application or Perc Test results (if new construction)
- Aid to Construction (if new construction and deemed necessary)
- Required Fees and Deposits (see schedule of fees below)
New constructions will be required to pass an inspection by the State of Tennessee. The state inspector conducts inspections every Wednesday. Requests for inspection filed before close of business on Tuesday will likely receive an inspection the next day. If that day is full, the inspection will be scheduled for the following Wednesday.
Campers used as a residence, and any home that has been without electricity for 12 or more months will require an inspection prior to services being turned on.
In order to receive electricity from Forked Deer Electric Cooperative, you must become a member of the Cooperative. In order to gain membership, you must:
- Intend to Establish Services
- Pay Required Fees and Deposits
- Complete a Membership Application
- Provide a copy of a Valid Government Issued Identification
- Present Your Social Security Card
Schedule of Fees
Standard Services Initial Deposit: $250.00
Prepay Services Initial Deposit: $25.00
Yard Light: $20.00
Large Yard Light: $40.00
Please note, services will not be supplied if applicant is indebted to Forked Deer Electric Cooperative until all debts have been paid.
DISCONTINUATION OF SERVICES
Forked Deer Electric Cooperative may refuse to connect or continue service for the following reasons:
Discontinuance of service does not release a customer from obligation for payments of bill or any other amounts due. Upon termination of service, any membership and deposit will be applied against unpaid bill, and if any balance remains after such application, said balance will be refunded to customer.